Come Worship With Us Sundays at 10:30 A.M.
Welcome to the St. Andrew’s web site. We are pleased to have you visit us and invite you to worship with us Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. We worship in the Evangelical, Presbyterian tradition and all are welcome. Praise songs, old favorite hymns, prayer and inspirational messages. Following the service there is a time of gathering and refreshment in the Fellowship Hall. Everyone is welcome, and we would love to have you join us. Follow the link for details.
Our Pastor, Chris Carter, presents the eigth sermon in the Glimpses of Glory series, “The Glory of Advent” based on Isaiah 60:1-9Isaiah 60:1-9
English: American Standard Version (1901) - ASV
60 1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of Jehovah is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the peoples; but Jehovah will arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3 And nations shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. 4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: they all gather themselves together, they come to thee; thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be carried in the arms. 5 Then thou shalt see and be radiant, and thy heart shall thrill and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned unto thee, the wealth of the nations shall come unto thee. 6 The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come; they shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall proclaim the praises of Jehovah. 7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee; they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar; and I will glorify the house of my glory. 8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? 9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, for the name of Jehovah thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
WP-Bible plugin. This is also a Communion Service as we celebrate the First Sunday of Advent. We will also visit Belvedere Heights after the service to provide Communion to the residents.
Please join us Sunday at 10:30 and enjoy this sermon in our family oriented worship service. After the service please join us in the fellowship hall for refreshments and fellowship.
You may wonder if St Andrews looks after the needs of your children. We believe that children should have an age appropriate, excellent Christian experience at our worship services. Children remain with the “big people” for the first part of the service including the “Praise Song” time and, following a time set aside just for them, they go downstairs to have fun, play games, sing songs, meet new friends-and learn how much they matter to God. We also provide a nursery program for children up to age 4.
Though the cold, winter weather hasn’t really hit Parry Sound yet, it is just around the corner. With that in mind, our Walking Club is once more going to be held on Monday mornings in the Fellowship Hall at 10 to Noon. Please come and join in on this time of walking and talking and good old exercise!!
We are in need of another Sunday School teacher! Those involved in this ministry find the time with the St. Andrew’s children fun, rewarding and enjoyable. Check out these few simple, straight forward responsibilities.
- We urgently need a teacher for the age 3 to 5 group.
- A small gift of time: two Sundays out of six – not every Sunday.
- An easy to follow curriculum.
- A minimum of preparation time.
- Friendly team support
Are you interested in this important nurturing? You are invited to pop down and check out a class one Sunday. You are welcome to lend a hand to get and idea of the rewards you receive working with children.
Please call Caroline Claridge, 705.746.9612, and discuss joining our team.
The Advent Season will officially start at St. Andrew’s the last weekend of November, 2015. Please study the schedule below.
- Friday, November 27
- Dress Rehearsal for Kids on the Rock Back to the Manger performance at 3:30 p. m., and pizza party.
- Saturday, November 28
- The Town of Parry Sound (Optimist Club) will be hosting the Santa Claus Parade, 4:30 p.m.
- Those who would like to be involved in a St. Andrew’s Church float, please contact Caroline Claridge at 705.746.9612. We will meet at St. Andrew’s at 1 p.m. to set up the float.
- Younger children should arrive at the float area no earlier than 3:10 p. m. Floats will be lined up on Gibson Street.
- Hospice will be having a Soup for the Soul fundraiser in the Fellowship Hall from 5 to 7 p.m., with set up at 2 p.m.
- The Town of Parry Sound (Optimist Club) will be hosting the Santa Claus Parade, 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 29
- First Advent Service (Candle of Hope) and Communion will take place at 10:30 a.m.
- St. Andrew’s will be holding a service and Communion at Belvedere Heights at 2:30 p.m.
- Back to the Manger (Kids on the Rock Drama Club) will be performed at St. Andrew’s, 3:30 p.m.
- Christmas Potluck Supper will be held in the Fellowship Hall after the Kids on the Rock performance. Gayle Bauman has kindly said she would look after the serving of this meal. Beverages and dinner rolls will be provided. Those who wish to attend are asked to bring enough food for your family and some extras.
- Carol Sing and Tree Lighting will follow the potluck dinner.
Please plan to come and join in at these exciting events!!
To Our St. Andrew’s Family,
We would like to express our sincere thanks for the prayers, cards, and flowers that were sent for Rob’s mom, Trudy. She is in the arms of our Lord and for that we are grateful. Thank you to the people who attended the service in Barrie, and a special thanks to Pastor Chris.
Please pick up your 2016 Offering Envelopes at the side entrance (glass double doors) in the lobby. Please ensure that you pick them up soon as 2016 is just around the corner!! Thank you.
“We are planning on doing the Christmas stocking for the youth of the shop, and I want to open the opportunity for you to be a part of this. We will need food cards for 15 youth plus we will be filling the large stockings with other items basic to youth survival. If you are interested in helping contact me, 905.836.1433, for more details, and I can pass them on to you. We can issue tax receipts for financial donations towards the Christmas stocking program over $20.
- Kid’s Klub: -For the next couple of weeks in Kids’ Klub, we will be gearing up for Christmas with special activities. This club is for children SK to Grade 6. See you Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
- Teens Encountering Christ AKA TECh: All youth from Grade 6 through high school are invited to join us on Tuesday, December 1 ~ 4-6:30 p.m. This week we’re going to watch the Christmas Train come into Parry Sound and then have a little Pizza Party at the church. Please note the time change for this week’s gathering.
- Kid’s On The Rock: Yes, the time has come for our club members to exhibit what they have been working on all through the autumn season. Back to the Manger will be performed this afternoon at 3:30 p.m. As well please save room for some food as you are invited to a potluck supper after the performance along with joining in on a carol sing and tree lighting ceremony.
We are so very happy to let you know that we were able to send 436 shoeboxes to the Sudbury distribution centre on Tuesday. The whole Sudbury region, which encompasses Parry Sound, Espanola, Elliott Lake, Val Caren, Sudbury, and its surrounding communities, gathered 7,000 boxes. Praise the Lord for everyone’s generosity!! Many of you have asked where the shoeboxes that Parry Sound along with the other areas encompassed in the Sudbury district collected are being sent to. They are being directed this year to the Ukraine, Haiti, El Salvador, Costa Rice, Chile, Uruguay, Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Eq. Guinea, and Nepal. It is wonderful to know that our small community is touching the lives of youngsters the world over.
Parry Sound Public School Breakfast Program St. Andrew’s currently has several dedicated volunteers involved for a number of years with the Breakfast Club Program. Each one of these people are deeply appreciated for their involvement making a difference in the school.
With the opening of PSPS the program is continuing with some changes. Monday to Friday there will be coolers prepared for each classroom containing fruit, cheese, yogurt, etc. On Tuesday and Thursday mornings there will also be a hot breakfast available to all the students in the school.
St. Andrew’s is responsible for Thursday mornings so we have the ‘hot breakfast’ plus coolers to prepare and we definitely need more volunteers to help. Please consider becoming a volunteer and giving approximately a couple of hours of your time to assist in this area of need. Depending on the number of volunteers, most months you would only be on one week.
Please contact Karin Cowan 705.774.9314 or email@example.com if you are able to help out.
As is tradition at St. Andrew’s we will be collecting food to give out in hampers to those who could use a little help that way over Christmas time. A food collection box is located in the lobby with a list of appropriate foods posted on it to donate. If you know of anyone/family that would like to receive a hamper, please let Les Norrie, 705-746-9612, know. Donations of food should be to the church by Saturday, December 12th.
Are you girls already for Girls Night Out!!
This special time of ladies’ fellowship at St. Andrew’s is Friday, December 4th, 7:15 p.m. There will be an ornament exchange with a $10.00 limit, and we ask that you bring a favourite festive treat to share, and a donation for the food bank.
All ladies please plan to attend – it’s a real good time.
Friendship Supper will be served early in December on Tuesday, December 8th, 5:30 p.m., to accommodate all the Christmas events and activities. The menu is a delicious one with Baked Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Veggies, Rolls, and Pineapple Delight. Donations for the ham would be gratefully received and can be given to Gayle Bauman. Sign Up for this scrumptious dinner is on the bulletin board.
For the month of December the Ladies Fellowship Circle will be meeting on Monday, December 14, 2:00 p. m., for a good, old-fashioned carol sing. As well please bring a donation for the Salvation Army Food Bank. Please come and join us for this great time of fellowship!
St Andrews is an evangelistic church passionate about fulfilling the great commandment. Whether it is here at home or in a developing country across the globe we express God’s love for all through our outreach. Through our mission committee we support missions and missionaries around the world.
Fred Stewart, Living the Name – Presbyterian Church in Canada is travelling our country in support of the Living the Name Renewal Fellowship. Read the update on his “Encouragement Road Trip”