- One Day Bus Trip to St. Jacob's, ON!!
- This trip is open to everyone who would like to get away for a day of fun, maybe a little shopping, and just enjoying an old-fashioned market The bus is provided by Muskoka Travel.
- Depart Parry Sound Mall at 7 a. m., Thursday, September 18.
- Please call Karin Cowan at 705-774-9314 if you are interested.
- Register online - Click Here!
- Ladies Fellowship Circle
- Potluck Lunch, Fellowship Hall
- St. Andrew’s Church, 12:30 Noon
- Monday, September 8th
- “A Special Guest will be speaking.”
- Tell your friends, all ladies welcome!!
- Mission Sunday: Mission Sunday, September 21st, promises lots of excitement for those planning on coming. During the service we will be given an overview from Karen and Dave Magee on what they will be doing in Tanzania for Africa Inland Missions. As well we will enjoy some Power Point clips from a number of the other missionaries we support. In addition a fundraising lunch to help the Magees with the cost of their mission trip will be served in the Fellowship Hall after the service. Your taste buds will definitely experience an East African flavour. A Sign Up sheet will be available soon on the bulletin board and our web site. Please that you be sure to indicate if you wish to come in order to prepare correct quantities of food.
- William Beatty Snack Attack Program (formerly Breakfast Club) A very sincere thank you to all those from St. Andrew's who participated in this program over the past year. A special word of thanks to Sally Labath who has organized the scheduling for St. Andrew's as well as being a volunteer. Sally is stepping down & has returned to work. We are so grateful for her help over the past few years & will miss her. Karin Cowan has taken over Sally's duties for scheduling for Thursday mornings beginning in September. We currently have a wonderful core of dedicated volunteers but can always use more. Generally volunteers arrive at William Beatty by 7:45 a. m. & instructions are available as to what goes into the coolers. It is a very straight-forward task but a much needed one. Each classroom receives a cooler with an assortment of breakfast bars, fruit, cheese & yogurt which is then available to the children of the class throughout the day. As well the school is also in need of people who are willing to take time reading with students on a one-on-one basis. It would be very easy to combine the Snack Attack Program & the Reading Program should anyone be interested.
If you feel you could volunteer once a month or be a 'spare' should someone not be able to attend on their assigned Thursday, please contact Karin Cowan @ (705) 774-9314 or email: email@example.com and she will answer any further questions you may have & would be pleased to add you to the volunteer list. A Police Record Check is required but there is no cost to the volunteer and William Beatty School will provide you with the forms.
Thank you for your interest & your willingness to be involved.
- St Andrews Church Work Day
Saturday, September 13, 2014
9:30 to 3:30 p. m., or any time you are available during those hours.
A Sign Up List will be posted on the bulletin board in the side lobby. We will be doing mostly cleaning projects, however, other jobs will be posted.
- Summer Prayer Meeting
- For the summer months of July and August, a prayer meeting will be held each Wednesday evening, 7-8 p. m. These meetings will start on July 2nd and continue through to August 27th inclusive. Please plan to attend when you can. Thank you
- A Mission Trip is being scheduled for November, 2014. If you are interested in taking part please call Rob Fisher at 705-342-1751 or email Rob Fisher. Thank you
- Adult volleyball is coming!! Friday, September 19, 7:00 p. m., marks the first evening of a new weekly tradition at St. Andrew's. If you're adult and enjoy the game of volleyball, please come out!!
- Karen and Dave Magee, part of the St. Andrew’s Church Family, are going on a Mission Trip to Africa under the auspices of Africa Inland Mission. For our annual Mission Sunday, September 21st, we will be hosting a simple lunch and taking up a collection to help support them in this endeavour. Please mark this date on your calendars. Thank you.
- Saturday Night Alive: A Saturday evening filled with Testimonies, Worship, and Praise . September 6 at 7 p.m
- TECh Event: Festival of Hope: Hey all you TECh. people - please keep Saturday, September 13th open for the Festival of Hope in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre!!
- As well, Franklin Graham will be there. With this in mind Ruth Downs, 705-746- 8969, and Miranda Chivers, 705-746-7453, are endeavouring to gather a group to go down together and enjoy. Please call one of them if you are interested. You can also see details on the web site at www.festivalofhope.ca/
- Festival Dates are September 12th to 14th
- Church Picnic: Sunday, September 7th, 3 pm, The Norrie's - We're hoping to have good weather for this event. A sign up sheet and directionsis available on the bulletin board or register on line. Everyone please bring a lawn chair; dessert, salad, or something picnicky to eat; a swimsuit if you wish to take the plunge; and some energy for the 2014 St. Andrew's Classic Olympics. As hamburgers, hotdogs, and most likely corn on the cob will be provided a monetary donation would be appreciated. So that we can supply the right amount of food, please sign up by August 17th if you plan to come. Thank you.
- Women at the Well: Women at the Well is a womens' retreat held at the beautiful Guelph Bible Conference Centre. This year is our 14th annual retreat and we look forward to the exciting things in store for us in October 2014.
- Come and hear Connie Cavanaugh, this year's speaker. Laugh, cry and learn as Connie teaches Biblical truth with humour and insight. Attend a workshop, a variety of topics and hands on experiences are available for you to choose from. Spend time with old friends, make new ones. Worship, relax and be refreshed.\
- This is an interdenominational event organized more recently by women at the Hanover Missionary Church
- Watoto Children's Choir visited us on JUne 3. Read Terry and Rosemary's tribute.
- I’m sure for those who attended the Watoto concert here at St. Andrew’s a while back, you derived much enjoyment. Apparently, they are in need of bus drivers for the groups in 2015. They have asked that we help to
locate someone who may be interested.
Contact information is:
PO Box 98, Victoria, V8W 2M1
Telephone: 250.361.4554 extension 1071
Contact: Michael Gunn
Please note: the driver must hold a valid class I drivers license and have their airbrake certification. Experience driving long-haul routes is a must. Please note we cover all expenses such as food and lodging.
- Prayer Chain: If you are interested in receiving telephone calls regarding "Prayer Requests/Praise & Thanksgiving/Information Updates", please call Les at the Church Office, 705-746-9612. We are putting together a list possibly in a prayer chain format.
From the moment you step through our doors
you will enjoy the warmth of our welcome
and quickly understand why we say . . .
"there are no strangers here . . .
just friends who have yet to meet!"
We are a friendly and welcoming family church for all ages in the heart of Parry Sound. Parry Sound is a thriving municipality in the heart of Georgian Bay's vacationland. Whether you are a year round or a seasonal resident, or a visitor enjoying a restful vacation in our beautiful area you are invited to worship with us.
We are easy to find and there is ample parking in the two lots beside the church. Please keep the lot closest to the building for those who need consideration.