- Summer Prayer Meeting
- For the summer months of July and August, a prayer meeting will be held each Wednesday evening, 7-8 p. m. These meetings will start on July 2nd and continue through to August 27th inclusive. Please plan to attend when you can. Thank you
- Summer Speakers:As Pastor Chris is away on vacation from July 7 to July 28 inclusive, we are pleased to let you know that S. Andrew's will be having some special guest speakers in Pastor Chris's absence: -
- July 20: Dr. Victor Shepherd
- Dr. Shepherd is currently a professor of theology at Tyndale specializing in Reformation Studies, Historical Theology, John Wesley, Systematic Theology and Jewish Christian Relations. He is the author of eleven books, numerous audi set and, articles.
- July 27: Dr. Victor Shepherd
- I would like to extend my thanks to the Congregation of St. Andrew's and to the Missions Committee for your recent donation in support of my ministry at the Health Centre. Your donation will be used to purchase more of the CareNotes that are located in various places throughout the Health Centre (Emergency Waiting Room, ICU Waiting Room, Chapel etc.). These CareNotes cover a range of topics and are placed in these areas in the hopes that someone will pick them up and find comfort and encouragement through them. Your recent donation is a blessing, not only to myself, but to all who will read one of these booklets. Thank you for helping to "sow the seed".Blessings, Chaplain Larry Freeman
- A Mission Trip is being scheduled for November, 2014. If you are interested in taking part please call Rob Fisher at 705-342-1751 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you
- William Beatty Snack Attack Program (formerly Breakfast Club)
A very sincere thank you to all those from St. Andrew's who participated in this program over the past year. A special word of thanks to Sally Labath who has organized the scheduling for St. Andrew's as well as being a volunteer. Sally is stepping down and has returned to work. We are so grateful for her help over the past few years and will miss her.
Karin Cowan has taken over Sally's duties for scheduling for Thursday mornings beginning in September. We currently have a wonderful core of dedicated volunteers but can always use more. Generally volunteers arrive at William Beatty by 7:45 a. m. and instructions are available as to what goes into the coolers. It is a very straight- forward task but a much needed one. Each classroom receives a cooler with an assortment of breakfast bars, fruit, cheese and yogurt which is then available to the children of the class throughout the day. As well the school is also in need of people who are willing to take time reading with students on a one-on-one basis. It would be very easy to combine the Snack Attack Program and the Reading Program should anyone be interested.
If you feel you could volunteer once a month or be a 'spare' should someone not be able to attend on their assigned Thursday, please contact Karin Cowan @ (705) 774-9314 or email: email@example.com and she will answer any further questions you may have and would be pleased to add you to the volunteer list. A Police Record Check is required but there is no cost to the volunteer and William Beatty School will provide you with the forms.
Thank you for your interest and your willingness to be involved.
- Karen and Dave Magee, part of the St. Andrew’s Church Family, are going on a Mission Trip to Africa under the auspices of Africa Inland Mission. For our annual Mission Sunday, September 21st, we will be hosting a simple lunch and taking up a collection to help support them in this endeavour. Please mark this date on your calendars. Thank you.
- Summer Fellowship Hour: Please note for the summer months we are changing the menu for the after morning worship fellowship time. We will be serving coffee, tea, and lemonade and will not be serving the cookies, etc. This will give our kitchen helpers a bit of a break for the summer and, as everyone wants to enjoy the out of doors during July and August, no food will be unused. Thank you, Gayle Bauman
- Summer Sunday School: It's time to be thinking about summer programs for our St. Andrew's youth and the many visitors we get during July and August. With this in mind, please contact Caroline Claridge at 705-746-9612 or Email Caroline, if you would be interested in helping out with the programs and giving our regular Sunday School teachers a rest for the summer.
- A child's favourite - Veggie Tales DVD's with accompanying lessons will be the program followed for Sunday School during the summer months. Please consider letting Caroline Claridge know if you wish to help out with this summer ministry.
- Saturday Night Alive: A Saturday evening filled with Testimonies, Worship, and Praise . August 2 and September 6 at 7 p.m
- TECh Event: Festival of Hope: Hey all you TECh. people - please keep Saturday, September 13th open for the Festival of Hope in Toronto
- Vacation Bible School will be held at St. Andrew's from August 11th to 15th, 9 a. m. to Noon. We are really in need of some volunteers to help out with the club. Please contact Caroline Claridge at the church, 705-746-9612 or Email Caroline.
- Vacation Bible School: "Weird Animals" is the theme for this coming summer's VBS. Vacation Bible School will be at St. Andrew's, August 11-15, nine to Noon. Please keep this in mind for your children, grandchildren, neighbourhood kids!! Children should have completed Senior Kindergarten. Now register on line
- Church Picnic: Sunday, September 7th, 3 pm, The Norrie's - We're hoping to have good weather for this event. A sign up sheet and directions will be available on the bulletin board soon. Everyone please bring a lawn chair; dessert, salad, or something picnicky to eat; a swimsuit if you wish to take the plunge; and some energy for the 2014 St. Andrew's Classic Olympics. As hamburgers, hotdogs, and most likely corn on the cob will be provided a monetary donation would be appreciated. Thank you.
- Satuday Night Alive: A Saturday evening filled with Testimonies, Worship, and Praise . August 2 and September 6 at 7 p.m.
- Women at the Well: Women at the Well is a womens' retreat held at the beautiful Guelph Bible Conference Centre. This year is our 14th annual retreat and we look forward to the exciting things in store for us in October 2014.
- Come and hear Connie Cavanaugh, this year's speaker. Laugh, cry and learn as Connie teaches Biblical truth with humour and insight. Attend a workshop, a variety of topics and hands on experiences are available for you to choose from. Spend time with old friends, make new ones. Worship, relax and be refreshed.\
- This is an interdenominational event organized more recently by women at the Hanover Missionary Church.
- St Andrews Events - Our IT staff have created a new "Events" site. Any announcement that is tied to a specific date is fully detailed on that site. Go to http://events.stanps.ca for details on all events.
- Watoto Children's Choir visited us on JUne 3. Read Terry and Rosemary's tribute.
- Prayer Chain: If you are interested in receiving telephone calls regarding "Prayer Requests/Praise & Thanksgiving/Information Updates", please call Les at the Church Office, 705-746-9612. We are putting together a list possibly in a prayer chain format.
From the moment you step through our doors
you will enjoy the warmth of our welcome
and quickly understand why we say . . .
"there are no strangers here . . .
just friends who have yet to meet!"
We are a friendly and welcoming family church for all ages in the heart of Parry Sound. Parry Sound is a thriving municipality in the heart of Georgian Bay's vacationland. Whether you are a year round or a seasonal resident, or a visitor enjoying a restful vacation in our beautiful area you are invited to worship with us.
We are easy to find and there is ample parking in the two lots beside the church. Please keep the lot closest to the building for those who need consideration.